The GermGuardian AC5350B Air Purifier is a new and improved version of the GermGuardian AC4825. This unit has a sleek design and proves that even on a budget you can still greatly improve the quality of air you and your family breathes.
- It has a timer in case you only want it on for a specific amount of time
- The UV light for microbe elimination can be turned on or off
- Best used for medium sized rooms up to 167 sq ft
- CADR rated 100+
- If you are considering purchasing the unit and would like more information simply click here: GermGuardian AC5350B Air Purifier
AIR FILTERS USED: 3 TYPES
- UV-C light – Will kill airborne germs, bacteria and mold spores.
- UV light replacement:
- Carbon Filter – reduces ODORS from from pets, smoking and cooking.
- True HEPA Filter – captures 99.97% of airborne particles such as household dust, pet dander, mold spores and plant pollens. This standard HEPA filter can capture particles as small as 0.3 microns in size.
- FILTER REPLACEMENT:
- The HEPA and Carbon filter need replacing every 6-8 months depending on usage.
- Replacement filter comes with both the Carbon and HEPA combined:
AHAM VERIFIED: This mark means the air cleaners CADR has been independently for its ability to remove tobacco smoke, pollen and dust and it recommends a room size based on the CADR calculation. This 28 inch 5 speed tower is best used for rooms up to 167 Sq. feet. Filters and circulates room air over 4x per hour. The higher the CADR the faster the unit filters the air. CADR Dust (108), Pollen (127) and Smoke (108).
To read direct reviews click the link here: GermGuardian AC5350B Air Purifier Reviews
SUMMARY OF REVIEWS:
- People steadily give this an above 4/5 star rating on sites like Amazon, Walmart and home depot.
- To preserve the life of the filter you can open it and clean it out every 2 weeks or so
- Amazon review – “Love this!! Clears up the air, especially when we are cleaning the room and dust is flying everywhere!! Definitely need to clean the filter out every week or two weeks. I have two pets so maybe that’s why we need to clean the filter out so often.”
- Reviews consistently verify the success of this product – odors eliminated, allergies reduced, sleep quality improved, dust reduced, pet hairs reduced.
- Very light weight – weighing in at a whopping 11 lbs makes this air purifier easy to transfer from room to room if necessary.
- Only one single filter needs to be replaced every 6-8 months depending on the use of the product.
- You can sign up for product warranty at this website: https://www.guardiantechnologies.com/warranty-registration/
- Some customers complained that when the unit was turned on there was a plastic type odor. Upon further evaluation this appears to be due to the box that the UV bulb is in. This has a coating on it that can smell when the UV light is turned on. This only happens to a small percentage of those who purchase this air filter, but the solution was to disassemble the top of the unit and remove the UV box or to not turn on the UV. This fixed the problem for most.
- Some mentioned that it was a little loud on the higher fan settings. This can be fixed by putting it on a lower fan setting if the noise bothers you.
- The UV bulb will eventually need replacing, but this will be after around 2 years or more.
- Height: 28 inches
- Width: 9.1 inches
- Depth: 6.7 inches
- Weight: 11 lbs
- Room size coverage: Up to 167 sq. ft. (small to medium sized room)
- Ozone emission: Minor amount from bulb – this can be turned off
- Number of filters to change: 1 + UV bulb replacement (every 2 years)
- Filtration system:
- Charcoal Filter and HEPA combined into one filter unit
- UV light bulb to kill micorbes/viruses/bacteria